Paris Hilton was arrested in Port Elizabeth, South Africa, at Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium for allegedly smoking marijuana a few hours ago at a World Cup match.
Not as surprising as the Netherlands’ 2-1 win over Brazil, but unexpected!
The socialite was taken to the Mount Road Police Station in St. Croix, S.A. just before 8 p.m., Det. Mark Magadlela later confirmed to local news organizations.
It is believed that Hilton was indeed at the police station but has since been released. No further specifics were given as to why the ho-tel heiress was busted.
Details of Paris’ arrest remain murky at best.
Paris Hilton’s Los Angeles-based lawyer says the 29-year-old has served her probation period, after her 2007 conviction for alcohol-related reckless driving.
Unlike Lindsay Lohan, her probation is complete (as of January 2010), taking a lot of the potential heat off her from this screw-up, whatever it consisted of.
One TMZ source also reports that Paris wasn’t smoking dope, but an officer has reportedly said that Paris was caught red-handed in possession of weed.
Another report suggests it was a member of her entourage caught with the stuff, rather than Hilton herself, but that the whole crew was subsequently booked.
More details to follow as the story develops…
Breaking, shocking news, readers:
Miley Cyrus has been spotted in actual clothing!
We know this is difficult to believe, based on the attire Miley donned in Paris and in Rio last week. But it’s true, and we can prove it:
Meanwhile, in other news, it appears as though reports of a split between Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth were premature. These two were spotted in California yesterday, holding hands and looking as happy as ever.
We may criticize Miley (often), but we wish her nothing but the best in her personal life. Perhaps she and Liam will soon get married, have children and settle down away from the spotlight. Far, far, far away from the spotlight.
A gossip site can dream, can’t it?
Let us be clear: there is no Kendra Wilkinson sex tape.
We make a living exploring the world of celebrity gossip. We forced our interns to work overtime last night, phoning sources and surfing every site on the Internet: nothing.
But that hasn’t stopped this troubled young woman from spreading her own sex tape rumors, as OK! Weekly has apparently run out of weight loss stories to BS for their readers.
Instead, this week’s issue plasters Kendra’s worried face on its cover and screams about her SEX TAPE SCANDAL.
The feature article goes on to claim that “a salacious sex tape” is set to go public, unless Wilkinson can take legal action to stop it.
Now, we’ve heard of celebrities feigning shock and outrage when a sex tape just happens to get leaked. It started with Paris Hilton and it continues to this day with Mindy McCready. It’s a cliche at this point.
But Kendra is the first D-lister to actually concoct her very own sex tape rumor, in order to pocket some cash, help a tabloid sell a few issues and remain in the news cycle for at least a week. It’s impressive, hilarious and very sad.
P.S. If you actually wanna see Kendra Wilkinson nude, we can make that happen.
Go here to see the original:
Welcome to The Hollywood Gossip’s Week in Review. Here we take a look back on the past seven days in entertainment news, celebrity gossip, news and rumors.
Some of the highlights from April 24-30 include …
- Sandra Bullock officially filed for divorce from Jesse James, and at the same time she made that announcement, confirmed the adoption of a baby boy!
- Lindsay Lohan was fired from her latest film, given an ultimatum by her dad, posed for a bunch of Cinemax-worthy pics, and told to lay off the crack.
- Jenna Jameson alleged that Tito Ortiz assaulted her. He denied it and said she relapsed on meds and fell over. Both later recanted those accusations.
- Bret Michaels was hospitalized for a brain hemorrhage. He was in critical condition for a bit, but appears to be recovering - and wants to tour!
Lindsay Lohan’s most recent “artistic” photo shoot.
- Shakira and Ricky Martin? Not big fans of the State of Arizona.
- That home wrecker Rielle Hunter denies being a home wrecker.
- A Chelsea Handler sex tape turned up. But it’s just “comedy.”
- Tiger Woods is likely to get divorced … will he file before Elin?
- Michelle “Bombshell” McGee knows her way around a pole.
- Yep, Taylor Swift really is that awesome.
- Kim Kardashian really isn’t.
The end of the reality TV road came for Siobhan and Jake.
- American Idol shockingly bid farewell to Siobhan Magnus.
- Dancing with the Stars voters said so long, Jake Pavelka.
- The Hills season premiere was a plastic surgery bonanza.
- Gag: TLC has all but confirmed a reloaded Kate Plus 8.
- Courtney Love alleged an affair with Gavin Rossdale.
- Adam Lambert has officially gone platinum.
Halle Berry is back on the market after this guy somehow dumped her. Despite a 911 call, Jenna Jameson and Tito Ortiz look like they’re going to work things out.
- Couple news: Ellen Ross is dating Jon Gosselin for some reason; Jamie-Lynn Sigler and Mark Sanchez are dating; Reports have linked Kate Hudson and Thom Yorke; Paris Hilton might be back with Jason Shaw.
- Baby news: Jodie Sweetin is knocked up again; Lance Armstrong and Anna Hansen are expecting #2 (#5 for him); Matt Damon and wife are expecting #3.
- Breakup news: Gabriel Aubry dumped Halle Berry. Seriously.
- THG Police blotter: Joanie Laurer was accused of assault; Two losers from Big Brother 9 ran a drug ring; Randy and Evi Quaid were thrown in jail … again.
NOTE: Don’t forget to follow THG on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest news, celebrity gossip, rumors, commentary and humor as it happens, 24/7/365!