Welcome to the Crucial® System Scanner
Find your perfect memory & storage upgrades
Get that new PC feeling
Does your slow PC need a boost? Millions of customers have trusted the Crucial System Scanner to find memory and storage upgrades. In minutes, learn how much memory and storage your PC or Mac can support, then buy 100% guaranteed compatible upgrades with confidence.
Safe and Secure
- trusted by millions of users
- doesn't access personal data
- doesn't install anything on your computer
100% Guaranteed Compatible
- matched upgrades for over 125,000 computer systems
- includes links to easy installation instructions
- works on Mac and PC
A Crucial upgrade can:
Improve your work
productivity and storage
Boost your PC performance to play the latest games or increase your frame rate
Unlock your content creativity with the right performance and storage
How the Crucial System Scanner works
The scanner simply looks in your BIOS for system information and then searches the Crucial website for compatible matches. We cannot access any of your personal data with the Crucial System Scanner, so using it will not compromise your system security. If you are concerned about downloading this file, you can scan it with your antivirus software before running it.
Downloading and running the Crucial System Scanner is easy
For Windows users:
- Click the "I agree to the terms and conditions" box in order to proceed with scan.
- Click "Scan my Computer" and choose "Save File" when prompted.
- Save the file to your desktop, or wherever you prefer.
- Navigate to the CrucialScan.exe file and open it. If you get a security warning, select "Run" to allow the download.
- It may take several moments for your browser to update with your scan results.
For Mac users:
- Click the "I agree to the terms and conditions" box.
- Click the "Scan my Computer" button.
- Navigate to the saved CrucialMacScanner file in your “Downloads” folder. (It may have a different name in different countries.)
- Instead of double-clicking again to open the file, right click and choose “Open” from the top of the drop-down menu.
- A security message will appear, warning: “’CrucialMacScanner.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.”
- Click “Open” to continue.
- The Crucial Mac Scanner will run and open with results in your default browser.
- Once you are done, simply delete the file since nothing was installed or created on your computer.
Removing the Scanner is easyꦉ Just delete the CrucialScan.exe file that you downloaded. The scanner does not install anything on your system.
Terms and Conditions
𓆉 There are terms and conditions associated with the Crucial System Scanner. They are put in place to protect our intellectual property. In short, you must agree to use our system scanner only to scan your computer.